We tell ourselves that it’s a privilege to grow old gracefully. And that saying is true. Yet it is just as important to look fresh and youthful during our 40s, 50s and senior years. Beautiful skin care starts with the right cosmeceuticals and skin treatments.
ASPECT DR and COSMEDIX offer a range of specialised products that address specific skin conditions as well as natural and intrinsic ageing. They include moisturising creams and intensive serums that trigger cellular renewal, calm hyperactive skin conditions such as rosacea and acne and reduce pigmentation in addition to energising the skin with a boost of Vitamin A, C and B.
The science behind the COSMEDIX products is based on a concentration of plant-based ingredients that focus on four pillars of skin-care:
- NATURE | plant-derived ingredients and pure essential oils to help solve problem skin.
- SKIN MATRIX SUPPORT | using non-experimental technology as a platform for cell rejuvenation
- CHIRALITY | the molecules in our body that not only interact with our skin and minimises adverse reactions but allows for the highest concentration levels of active ingredients for optimal product performance.
- EXFOLIATION | an essential skin-care regimen that stimulates cell rejuvenation and prepares the skin for the optimum penetration and delivery of active ingredients.
THE PERFECT HYDRATING BALM AND MASK
If you’re looking for all-natural skin care hydrating mask and balm, COSMEDIX Rescue+ is a highly concentrated product that soothes and hydrates the skin following any Medi-peel or laser treatment.
With premenopausal and menopausal women, a rapid decline in estrogen levels can ignite a range of skin changes and problem skin conditions including Rosacea, which can worsen over time if left untreated. Its appearance includes visible blood vessels, puss-filled red bumps (similar to acne) and swelling.
COSMEDIX Rescue+ also acts as a superb anti-inflammatory treatment as it rapidly reduces redness and aids tissue repair.
In the same way, its active ingredients offer a proliferation of anti-antioxidants and acts as a hydrating emollient, leaving you with a smoother and brighter complexion within days of regular use. They include:
- Shea Butter – which provides intense moisturising and calming properties as it reduces discolouration, softens scars and heals severely dehydrated or inflamed skin conditions such as psoriasis, rosacea or acne,
- Argan Oil – which hydrates, plumps and softens the skin with Vitamin E, reducing the appearance of fine lines
- Willow Herb – Potent clarifying and calming extract.
- Turmeric Root – Antioxidant that efficiently quenches free radicals such as excess UV light on the surface of the skin.
- Totarol – A potent antioxidant with clarifying properties that help counter acne, eczema, and rosacea.
- Calendula – clarifying and calming ingredient which includes anti-irritant and antibacterial properties.
- Copper Gluconate – Powerful anti-aging properties that stimulate collagen production
- Panthenol D – Providing a source of pro-vitamin B5 to hydrate, reduce and relieve itching, aid tissue repair and stimulate cellular proliferation
- relieves itching and soothes sunburn; stimulates cellular proliferation and aids in tissue repair.
- Resveratrol – Protects the skin from age-accelerating free radicals such as UV radiation and helps trigger cellular proliferation
Also, remember that our skin becomes more fragile as we age.
Regularly use peptide masks to help boost the skin’s collagen production and combine this with LED Light Therapy for optimal effect. When you visit our clinic, ask us about a Forever Young BBL Light Therapy procedure for total skin resurfacing or a customised FOTONA laser treatment to address a variety of skin issues.
Looking good also starts from within. Remember to drink plenty of water, protect your skin from UV rays and have eight hours of sleep each night.
Our senior dermal therapist, Michele Hetherington can recommend a selection of serums and creams tailored to your skin. Additionally, our MediSpa can provide you with a complete Starter Kit or a Post Treatment Kit for your beauty regime at home.
Please view our non-surgical and surgical anti-ageing packages with plastic surgeon specialist, Dr Lionel Chang [MB BS FRACS].
Aspect Dr’s Age Management Starter Kit.